One True God
1 SAMUEL 18:12-16; PSALM 11; MATTHEW 3
The scripture today speaks of David's success and then goes on to describe the reason why anyone has success and as well as how to do what is right. The New Testament portion of the scripture describes the baptism of Jesus by John.
It is clear that there is a running theme throughout the scripture. That is obedience exclusively to God. The people who choose to follow God exactly are the ones who God smiles on. They find favour in God's eyes. This is evident as God reveals who Jesus is to John as he is doing exactly what God wants him to do.
It is truly my desire to do exactly as God wants me to. This is an easy thing to say but can be much more difficult when it comes to applying it. There is no acceptable reason for the added difficulty other than sheer stubbornness and my desire to be in control of my life. The only way for me to truly be doing what God desires for me is to give my entire life over to him and be willing to completely trust and obey God. It is what I want. So now I must make the conscious decision to live in this manner. This is something as a Christian that I know in my head but it is needed for God to give me a clear reminder every once in a while because I tend to wander off on my own tangents. Now is the time for me to refocus and offer my life to the one true God, my Saviour, Jesus Christ.
Dear God,
Here I am. I want to live for you and I want to serve you. I want to do exactly what it is that you want me to do. So I offer my life into your hands. I pray that you will give me the wisdom to turn to you and to follow you all day every day. I do not want to live my life my way any longer. It is time for me to follow you where you lead and how you lead. So my one true God I am ready to follow and obey. Lead on Lord, lead on.
Amen
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home