Psalm 147, Zech. 13:8-9 & Luke 15
The title is just so you can reference what it is that I am talking about. I suggest reading these passages prior to reading my comments.
It strikes me as very interesting that God chose Israel to be his people. why Israel? why Jacob. There is significance there. God could hace chosen anyone but he selected Israel. Why? I think with more study I will be able to determine tis. Perhaps it is only something that can be grasped through revelation. Perhaps it is something that I am not intended to understand but rather in faith I should accept that God hose Israel, he knows why, his reason was right and it is my job to trust Him in that decision. In all His decisions. there is significance to Israel It measn something. It is important. I am convinced that it was not random because I do not think that God and random co-exist. God eliminates random. He is the ultimate planner and controller. He knows why. Not just for Israel but for me. For you.
That is a fairly impressive fact. God who created the universe has a specific plan for me. How about he has a specific plan for you. It is incredible that whether we choose to believe in God and live our lives for him or we choose to deny the existence of God he has a plan for us. If you do not know Go, he has a plan for you and wants to free you.
Don't believe me? Read the Bible. It can save your life. It did mine.
I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. ~Luke 15:7 NIV
In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents. ~Luke 15:10 NIV
Both of these statements are Jesus talking. It is not just some dude who thinks he has studied some books and knows what he is talking about. This is Jesus, the Son of God, God the Son, Messiah, Saviour, Lamb of God. The one person who could ever have absolute authority on the things of Heaven. The one person who knows exactly what Heaven is like and what are God's top priorities.
Much rejoicing over one soul being saved. Much more than over a bunch of souls routinely going in and out of church Sunday after Sunday and then putting there connection with God on the shelf. We are called to a life of following Christ, of serving God, of living free because of God's grace. It is because of God's indescribable compassion and grace that we can even have the opportunity to live for Him.
What do we do about this? What are we doing to shwo to Jesus to just one "sinner" so that Heaven can rejoice? God had the compassion and love to offer us life. Should we hold onto that and cherish it and show it to others who have the same life from God?
Or should we suck it up, give God our fears, trust that he wants the truth about himself to be shared and go live for him Sunday to Sunday. Not on Sunday and the n the next Sunday but rather truly boldly live for God between Sundays. It is a scary proposition but Jesus did not hide the fact that he was Jesus just because he was with "sinners". Jesus did not stop being Jesus, stop being the Son of God, stop being the Truth because he was not with his disciples. Just as we should not stop living for Christ when we are not in our pews siging our hymns or dancing exuberantly in the aisle praising God.
We need to get out there and truly represent the God who allows us to breatne each morning. He saved my soul. The least I can do is proudly put on the team colours and boldly, faithfully and unabashedly represent the God whom I love adn serve and owe my life to: Jesus Christ.
Dear God,
Thank you for the life you have given me. Thank you for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. I thank you for offering true life to me. Lord, I want to start serving you in ym everyday life. I want love my wife, my family, my co-workers, strangers, your children with the awesome and genuine love that yuo have given me. I am no longer ok being a Christian exclusively on Sunday morning. that is not what you have asked of me. I don't want to be comfortable dancing and singing praise to you on a Sunday morning and then blending into the crowd during the week. This is a scary prayer ebcause you are faithful and you asnwer prayer. I know that by me asking to take me and use me for your glory and your rejoicing with the angels that I am committing myself to your service. That I am saying I want you put me into situations where I can truly be a genuien representative of your love, your glory and the eternal life that you offer to everyone. I stand here committed to you ready to give myelsf over to your between Sundays worship. Take me, use me. Please gice me confidence, boldness and faith enough to do your work. I as you keep me from intimidated or ashamed. I want to live my life 24 hours a day 7 days a week exclusively for you. I no longer want to be one of the sheep in the pen but rather I want to be with you out in the hills pointing teh sheep who cannot see you in your direction. Then you can lead them to yor shelter and love. Thank you Jesus.
Amen
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home